Shape your education with care
- Art Education students are advised to take the Foundations classes as well as the Survey of Art History classes early in their programs.
- It is suggested that students take a schedule with one Art Education course every semester, two studio courses every semester and one Art History course every semester.
- Group advising sessions are held each semester prior to registration. Students are encouraged to seek individual advising from their advisor at any time.
- You must maintain an overall 2.70 GPA to graduate and receive a teaching license.
- Advising information for all Art majors is on the department’s Advising page.
- Art Education Program of Study
- Art Education Four Year Guide
- Art Education Advising Guideposts
A portfolio review is required for admission into the Art Education program. Art Education Candidacy Portfolio Review is held each fall and spring semester. To be eligible for the review, students must complete Art 2222 Introduction to Art Education and submit an application two weeks prior to the review.
Further details about the review can be found on the Portfolio Review page.